TrackSide R/C - 6th Generation
Radio Control for your track powered locomotives !
6th Generation ... Now with Automated Station Stops !
- Connects between your DC power source and the track. Move around your layout freely to follow trains or control them from the patio. Controls the voltage to the track via radio control
- No modification to locos required
- Automated Station Stops via optional hardwired track mounted reed switch or wireless reed switch
- 7-25 VDC input from your existing modern "Power Packs", or any regulated DC Power Supply. NOT for use with older unregulated power packs like PH Hobbies and MRC 6200. We recommend: Meanwell LRS-150-24 (24V, 6.5A) for about $18
- For more info on Meanwell power supplies: click here
- Up to 10 amps out - Enough to power most trains and even diesel consists
- 2.4GHZ radio, excellent range; up to 800 ft. line-of-sight
- Transmitter functions: Faster, Slower, Stop, Forward, Reverse, Momentum or no momentum, Save running speed, Recall running speed
- User programmable momentum
- Perfect size transmitter fits in the palm of your hand or a pocket. Powered by two AAAA batteries (included).
- Input polarity protection, fuse and short circuit protection
- Dimensions: 4.2" x 3.1" x 2.5". Snap on cover for easy programming access
- Control two tracks from one transmitter (requires a 2nd base unit).
Wireless Reed Switch Package (Optional) includes wireless receiver in the base unit, and one wireless track mounted reed switch and magnet for loco.
Wireless Track Mounted Reed Switch
Operations Manual click trackside_manual_k.pdfhere
Industrial Power Supplies click here
Product Review click here
I installed and tested the new Railboss 4 Trackside R/C yesterday and am happy to report that it worked flawlessly as advertised.
I absolutely love the little six button remote! It fits so nicely in my hand and in my pocket. I can operate it by feel with my thumb. I was so happy to get rid of that old outdated clunky brick-like heavy Train Engineer remote with that obnoxious antenna!
The Railboss Trackside base station receiver is slightly smaller than the Train Engineer receiver so it fit very nicely in the place in my electrical cabinet where the other one was.
The range of the Railboss 4 was great and reached to the farthest point of my layout.
One last thing, The momentum feature is definitely better with Railboss than with Train Engineer. The engines I tested all started very smoothly at very slow speeds. With Train Engineer, my engines would move in a jerky fashion at very low speeds, but with Railboss, they crawl along smoothly. This is because Railboss has built-in high frequency PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) which makes the motors run smoother at low voltage without overheating. Marvelous!!!
This really is the perfect replacement for the old Train Engineer.
John L. Carmichael